Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring! Summer!

Oh my, it has been far too long since I have posted anything here. I have some rather exciting news, however, as I have been working on the opening of my very own Etsy shop. More to come about that later this week...but for now, I'd rather talk about dresses :)

It's so great to watch a city bloom in color during the spring. Although it isn't entirely evident here in Boulder, CO, I am anticipating what is to come...daydreaming of pretty cotton dresses and tight-less legs. I have an assortment of prints in my sewing stash, and a large majority of florals. I am always attracted to these wonderfully assorted vintage floral sheets, and I somehow always convince myself that I don't have any like this one. Sheesh.

Sometime last winter, I purchased this fabric from sosovintage with the excitement of making a copycat Betty Draper dress. 




I loved the dress for so many reasons- besides the bold Impressionistic print,  the dress has this nice cutout in the back, followed by a fantastically long tie. 

Another dress that I have been anticipating on the machine is another reproduction, seen and sold on Etsy-



I love shift dresses for the summer, but a yellow shift with daisy applique is especially sweet.

I also bought some sea foam colored fabric to make my early mentioned Audrey dress. So many dresses and so little time, it seems!




No comments:

Post a Comment